We are looking for a talented and versatile writer and multimedia storyteller, an idea generator and big-picture strategic thinker with a focus on engaging content and consistency of message. The person in this role will 1) develop clear, crisp and compelling content and messaging across a variety of styles and platforms, including print, video, web and social, to educate stakeholders on key company issues; 2) play a key role in our efforts to ensure alignment and prioritization across the company; and 3) play a key role in the strategic planning and project management for communication campaigns and initiatives. He or she regularly contributes to the development of new communication concepts, technologies, and standards, working directly with executives, leaders and other internal clients to develop and implement strategic communications plans. Work is performed with minimal direction and within the context of a strong team philosophy.
- Writing, editing and helping to maintain a library of communications collateral in a variety of styles and media
- Shooting and editing videos, and creating content for print, web and social
- Surfacing positive, proactive stories from throughout the company
- Coordinating across departments to ensure message integration, consistency and successful delivery
- Working with key company decision-makers and representatives to develop and deliver consistent company messages
- Planning and executing strategic communications campaigns or projects including the writing and editing of necessary collateral
- Updating pages for some company websites
- Engaging with other Communications department functions to integrate content and strategy into broader effort
Bachelors degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Advertising, Marketing or related field and 5 years communication or similar experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with video production strongly preferred. Experience with web content and social media also preferred. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, software application skills including Microsoft Office suite, and solid project management skills.