SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direction from Marketing/Communications Manager. This is a nonsupervisory job classification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Information Technology, Business, related field or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years related experience. Requires broad knowledge of complex systems and procedures.
- More than five years of web design and marketing experience in web content management and web strategies.
- Licenses/Certifications/Special Requirements: None required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Information Technology, Business.
- Experience in a municipal or government setting.
- Considerable experience in all aspects of marketing and web content management.
- Strong writing skills for editorial and web purposes.
- Basic knowledge of web front-end systems and practices.
The purpose of this position is to support, maintain, design and develop the City’s Internet and Intranet websites and web pages. Provides CMS and FrontPage training to the City’s web authors; creates new websites, applications, and forms for internal and external customers; Participates in cross-functional meetings with teams to support and advise on how the web may be utilized; and, creates web copy, web graphics, optimizes photos for the web and overall design support for the web.