To work closely with and maintain high-level business, trade and/or consumer media and inﬂuencer contacts.
To act as the account lead on smaller pieces of business and/or to lead individual portions of larger pieces of business.
SAEs are at the heart of a successful account. Part media relations expert, part strategic thinker and part client hand-holder, SAEs are responsible for assisting with all aspects of an account.
As the right-hand to an AM or Director, SAEs begin to straddle both the account work (media relations, pitch development and conference work) and the strategic elements (plan development, client counsel, etc. A proven track record with media is a must, as clients should view an SAE as the go-to when it comes to reporter beats and interests as well as trendspotting and newsjacking. SAEs, in turn, should also be capable of providing this knowhow to junior staff, guiding them through pitch challenges and assisting with their professional development.
SAEs should also begin to hone in on their interest areas, proactively looking for opportunities across the agency to refine their skills and fuel their passions. This includes taking time to network outside of the office, attend conferences/events, and meet with reporters and influencers to strengthen relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as right-hand to account manager or director
- Supervises AEs, AAEs and ACs alongside account managers
- Serves as resident expert on client, competitive environment and related subjects
- Maintains regular client contact, both verbal and written, across a range of accounts
- Actively pursues media to secure press results; networks and builds relationship with key media
- Develops story angles, both planned and proactive
- Oversees development and implementation of account strategy, delegating appropriate assignments to teams and jumping in on tactics
- Begins developing skills outside of traditional media, including integrated campaigns, social media, influencer work, etc.
- Works with account manager or director to forecast account budgets and monitor team hours throughout the month
- Works with account managers and directors to develop big picture skills vis-à-vis strategic planning, client development, integrated campaigns, social media, etc.
- Responsible for developing solid ﬁrst drafts of creative and strategic client and new business plans Writes and/or edits materials with keen eye, providing near-final copy for review to his/her AM or Director
- Participates on an Allison+Partners’ committee
- Actively markets the ﬁrm through participation at industry events
- Promotes and upholds Allison+Partners’ core values
- Bills 120-140 hours of client work per month
- BA or BS in related ﬁeld required
- Requires 4+ years of public relations, marketing or related experience
- Works well under pressure
- Works independently
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent writer in need of minimal editing
- Strong media relations skills and proved industry relationships
- Team builder and leader
- Manages time well, prioritizing deadlines and managing up in terms of workload
- Demonstrates strong management potential and interest
- Positive attitude toward work and clients
May require regular evening and weekend work, travel, etc.
May require extended periods of time sitting, computer work, repetitive tasks with few breaks, etc.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.