Owens Harkey Advertising, one of the fastest growing ad agencies in the Southwest, is looking for a Public Relations Account Executive to join its growing team. Our ideal candidate is outgoing, creative, organized, eager to take on new responsibilities and has proficient writing skills. A bachelor’s degree in the marketing or journalism field is required and at least 3-5 years of experience preferred.
The PR Account Executive at Owens Harkey will focus on media outreach campaigns and content, including releases, printed collateral, and other communications materials.
You’ll be expected to:
- Create, deliver, edit and optimize PR materials – press releases, case studies, newsletter content, as well as online/digital content
- Actively pitch media outlets on behalf of Owens Harkey clients
- Ensure that messages are supportive of and consistent with marketing strategies that produce measurable results for clients
- Coordinate and deliver email campaigns
- Report success of campaigns and initiatives for PR clients
- Research news coverage and industry trends in order to develop fresh story ideas
- Work in conjunction with partners, creative, media and accounts teams to provide strategic marketing recommendations
- Plan, organize, implement and control day-to-day activities related to client initiatives
- Establish a trust-based relationship with clients generated from impeccable, responsible and regular communication
- Display ongoing commitment and passion for agency growth by assisting in the pursuit of new clients
Skills and requirements:
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications or journalism
- 3-5 years or equivalent experience in a communications role
- Strong passion for AP Style
- Fluency in media monitoring/database software
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including full medical, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit resume to Matt Owens, Chief Executive Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org