The ASU Foundation for A New American University is one of Arizona’s oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations. Our mission is simple and direct: to ensure the success of ASU as a New American University. We help produce a new generation of leaders who will find solutions to the greatest challenges we face. Critical philanthropic investments drive ASU’s advancements in the areas of academic excellence, broad access to higher education and transformative societal impact. These philanthropic commitments help us help ASU find a new generation of solutions.
A 501(c)(3) organization, the ASU Foundation uses a revolutionary model of solutions-focused philanthropy that identifies donors’ passions, then empowers them to pursue those passions and change the world as investors in Arizona State University. ASU is ranked in the top 20 of university research institutions without medical schools and 79th in the world among 1,000 institutions by the Academic Ranking of World Universities, and offers some of the best graduate programs in the nation (U.S. News & World Report, 2012). Many of our academic programs are among the best in the nation, and ASU is celebrated as a university where entrepreneurship thrives. ASU President Michael M. Crow, named one of America’s 10 Best College Presidents by Time magazine, was also lauded by Slate.com as one of the 25 “most innovative and practical thinkers of our time.”
The ASUF Communications and Marketing (C&M) department supports efforts to engage ASU donors, potential donors and other stakeholders in ASU’s vision. The communications and marketing department advances the work of our foundation colleagues by providing strategic marketing advice, implementing dynamic communications strategies, effectively coordinating and staffing events, and producing quality collateral across print and online media in support of cultivation, fund-raising and stewardship activities.
The project coordinator supports the project manager in the on-time and on-budget delivery of clients’ print projects and has responsibility for project records, trafficking/approvals, status reports and other duties as needed.
· Maintain comprehensive electronic job files in project management system for all projects, to include creation of discussion and review areas and libraries, assigning team members and managers in the system as appropriate for each project, and ensuring that all job records are posted in their respective areas
· Develop comprehensive timelines with input from the assigned members of the (C&M) team and review with manager
· Manage and lead projects based on client assignment; build and maintain relationships with the clients and internal C&M team members
· Track job status and alert manager of any risks to on-time delivery of any project deliverable
· Complete and submit print estimate forms to acquire formal print bids
· Maintain sample files and asset archives
· Primary contact for team members regarding access, training and use of project management system
· Day-to-day contact for vendors regarding delivery of files and shipping instructions
· Schedule kick off meetings upon receipt of job start notification
· Produce and distribute conference reports for all client meetings and phone calls
· Attend weekly C&M team meetings to discuss job status and workload
· Facilitate flow of information between clients and C&M team
· Schedule video shoots and conference rooms based on video project outlines
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
· Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Foundation and University business and confidential prospect information
· Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
· Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
· Ability to represent the institution well
· An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
· Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
· Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
· Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
· Knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Microsoft Word
· Ability to quickly learn new software programs as needed
· Knowledge of departmental workflow process
· Knowledge of the printing process a plus
· Knowledge of Workamajig software is preferred
· Agency experience a plus
An Associate’s degree in a related field and two+ years’ experience in a customer service-related position, with responsibility for coordinating projects from inception to completion. Design or communications agency experience a plus.
Contact us today.
The ASU Foundation for A New American University offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
For more information on the ASU Foundation, visit our web site at www.asufoundation.org. If interested in the project coordinatorposition, please apply online at www.asufoundation.org/careers.
The ASU Foundation for A New American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.