The local chapter of a non-profit is seeking an intern who will assist with marketing and public relations efforts of Make-A-Wish® Arizona while further developing skills in public relations, brand management, and written and oral communications. Duties include:
- Updating www.wishaz.org, including writing online content, collecting wish kid stories, and uploading graphics and photos.
- Crafting and posting on social media web sites, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube when applicable.
- Crafting news releases and media alerts in association with Make-A-Wish Arizona initiatives and events.
- Developing and maintaining media lists of Arizona media.
- Manage file of media clippings including creation of an online database of media hits.
- Maintain communication with all departments to identify media needs and opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Junior or Senior in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations major
- Requires excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Strong project management and customer service skills.
Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Adobe graphic design software.
- Minimum of 10-15 hour work week preferred.
If interested, please submit your resume and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.