Key staff position with a progressive Christian church, will oversee all media platforms through which the mission and ministry of the church and congregation is communicated. As well as working closely with the Lead Pastor in carrying out various aspects of church programming.
Ideal candidate will understand church culture and possess a demonstrated ability to work collegially in a multi-staff setting. Candidate will have experience in all current social media platforms and a background in writing and copy editing.
- Internet web based communication including overseeing website, creating and maintaining content, links, writing copy, creating graphics, video and photos to tell articulate mission of the church.
- Primary writer and editor for articles across all media platforms: web, Facebook, Twitter, text message, weekly bulletins and electronic newsletters.
- Multi-media services assisting with the production of the weekly video blog broadcast and/or podcast for YouTube and website posting. Assisting with the production of videos/podcast for weekly worship and internal video bulletin boards.
- Attendance at Sunday worship (9am) twice a month (negotiable) to learn and remain connected to the pulse of the congregation and the effectiveness of communication on Sunday mornings.
- Assist Lead Pastor in the logistics of church programming.
- Computer software and program proficiency including MS Office Suite, website design and management, Constant Contact Email platform (or similar), InDesign, and ProPresenter experience preferred. Proficient in Facebook, website management, Twitter, YouTube and other social media programs
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and in written forms. Work one-on-one and provide technical assistance. Must be able to meet firm deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or journalism preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Position is part-time-20 hours per week.
- Please submit cover letter, resume, and writing and graphics samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls.