The Marketing Specialist is responsible for tactical marketing communications, and associated research and analysis; deliverable may include e-newsletters, product and website writing and editing; project management; and event support. This position will report to the Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Produces and edits written materials as directed by the CMBDO, may include but not limited to: corporate collateral content, social media content, digital advertising content, product marketing materials, letters/correspondence, event notices, emails, PowerPoint presentations, promotional materials, education materials, and other communications, as needed.
Assists in event planning, creation, implementation and staffing, as directed.
Assists or leads project management of different products or initiatives, as directed.
Create advertisements, webcasts, websites, and direct mail.
Enforce brand marketing guidelines in trademarks, logos, and publications. Develops corporate Brand Advocate Team.
Develop and track budgets.
Measure success of various marketing campaigns.
Shows respect, flexibility and positive attitude when dealing with persons served, employees, other agencies, visitors and other stakeholders.
Demonstrates professional appearance of self, organization and service in a positive, cooperative and enthusiastic manner.
• Analytical Skills: Looking at many streams of data to determine the demographics and trends of current and potential customers.
• Communication: When gathering and presenting information, ability to talk and listen well.
• Critical-Thinking: Being able to process the data in a way to make recommendations.
• Attention to Detail: Analyzing data to show trends.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business with Marketing Emphasis, or Marketing Communications
2. Two to three years of professional experience in Marketing, Business with Marketing Emphasis, or Marketing Communications, in a corporate environment
3. High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office, with the ability to maximize use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
4. Ability to quickly understand and follow directions in a fast-paced environment
5. Ability to prioritize and multi-task
6. Strong verbal and writing communications skills
7. Independent worker; self-motivated
8. Flexible and open to learning