Ryley Carlock & Applewhite (RCA), a full-service law firm with 60+ lawyers with primary offices in Phoenix and Denver, has an opening for an experienced Marketing & Events Manager in our Phoenix office.
This position will be responsible for day-to-day management and oversight of the firm’s marketing and event initiatives in both the Phoenix and Denver offices. You will provide marketing management and support for the firm, practice groups and individual attorneys. This position will report to the firm’s Executive Director and/or Business Development & Marketing Director and work collaboratively with the firm’s Business Development Coach & Consultant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Event Coordination, Execution & Management – Handle all aspects of planning and executing client and marketing events including researching/selecting venues, coordinating event details with venue reps and internal audiences, designing and distributing invitations, managing event-related mailing lists, tracking RSVPs, sending reminders to external and internal audiences, providing on-site event support and execution, assisting with PowerPoint presentations, and handling related event planning promotion and duties.
- Marketing Material Creation, Compilation and Submissions – Work with attorneys to fulfill requests for marketing materials including responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), creating marketing packets for clients and prospects, writing/drafting/editing marketing content when necessary, creating email marketing campaigns and announcements, collaborating with print vendors when necessary, and seeking input from the firm’s Library and Records Departments to gather research and/or client information as appropriate.
- Content Marketing Program and Public Relations – Oversee and tactically execute the firm’s Content Marketing and Public Relations Programs including press release creation/distribution, social media promotion, article pitching, quote opportunities, speaking opportunities, award nominations, lists/surveys (i.e., Book of Lists), and legal directories/distinctions (including submissions to Chambers, Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, etc.).
- Website Management & Maintenance – Provide comprehensive oversight of the firm’s website including knowing how to make changes/additions to the backend of the website, leveraging internal resources to make website changes/updates as necessary, troubleshooting issues with our website vendor when necessary, exploring advanced online marketing opportunities and associated vendors (landing pages, SEO, PPC, etc.), and bringing forth ideas on how to improve our current website.
- Advertising – Manage and fulfill the firm’s advertising commitments including: 1) interfacing with graphic designers to create and/or revise artwork and send final, approved artwork to media outlets to meet deadlines; 2) writing advertising copy and seeking appropriate internal approvals; 3) maintaining relationships with advertising representatives and negotiating the best possible pricing on all placements; and 4) coordinating with outside ad agency on new advertising concepts and campaigns as appropriate.
- Sports Ticket Administration – Manage and oversee the firm’s Sports Ticket Program including allocating tickets in advance to games during the season, distributing tickets to lawyers/clients as appropriate, and tracking ticket usage.
- Related Marketing Support – Manage and oversee other key marketing projects and tasks including: business development support; attorney onboarding support and coordination; email marketing campaigns; the firm’s Holiday Card and Gift program; compilation, editing and distribution of a periodic internal marketing eNewsletter and an internal employee newsletter; attorney photos and photography projects; sponsorship and membership research, processing and administration; promotional products inventory maintenance and re-ordering; vendor/external relationship maintenance, and budget tracking and invoice processing.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in marketing, communications or related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in marketing, communications, event planning and related areas is required.
- Previous experience working in a law firm or professional services environment is required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent writing and project management skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong aptitude in and previous experience using Microsoft Office Suite programs is required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn basic HTLM for website troubleshooting and web-based marketing programs such as Constant Contact and Survey Monkey.
- An understanding of effective graphic design is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact equally well with attorneys and staff.
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize and manage own work schedule.
Email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.
We are not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.