Marketing Assistant – Phoenix, AZ
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP has an opening for a Marketing Assistant in our Phoenix, AZ office. Our firm is an AM Law 200 commercial law firm that provides an expanded range of enhanced services in intellectual property, litigation, business transactions, gaming and regulatory and government relations.
This position supports the Marketing Department by assisting with the firm’s media relations, marketing operations, and digital marketing functions. This classification is full-time, non-exempt, and will report to the Director of Business Development.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, and experience in the following areas: maintaining content management and/or email marketing systems; scheduling meetings and coordinating technology needs; maintaining event calendars; and coordinating and completing team projects. In addition, the candidate will have knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, or similar graphics software, and experience working in a legal or closely related professional services environment.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting with website content changes using our proprietary Content Management System
- Assisting with creating, editing, and mailing client communications using our email marketing software
- Editing and proofing
- Assisting with office supply system ordering
- Scheduling meetings and coordinating technology needs or other logistics support
- Maintaining firm’s marketing events calendar
- Assisting with requests for marketing materials and packets
- Tracking and compiling media coverage
- Assisting with media relations, news release distribution and media tracking reports
- Assisting with researching and completing directory and ranking surveys
- Performing basic marketing and media relations research
- Collaborating with team members on execution of various projects
- Coordinating with other administrative departments as needed to successfully complete projects
- Communicating proactively with internal marketing team regarding projects and tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- 1 year of marketing communications/office administration experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, or communications is preferred
- Previous experience working in legal, accounting, banking, real estate development or similar professional services industries preferred
Skills and Requirements:
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, required
- Experience with content management systems or email marketing systems preferred
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), or similar graphics software preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and focused on editing own work to ensure accuracy
- Excellent English writing, spelling, grammar, punctuation, editing, and proofreading abilities
- Self-starter with proven ability to see projects through completion
- Creative approach to solving problems, identifying alternative approaches and making thoughtful decisions about how to meet project requirements
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize and manage workload
- Proven ability to work effectively and participate in a “team” environment
- Move or otherwise transport files, books, materials or other objects that may weigh up to 40 pounds
- Work for sustained periods of time while maintaining concentration and attention to detail
- Overtime may be required
- No phone calls please. We will contact you if your resume indicates that you are a strong candidate for this position.
We are not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, age, physical or mental disability, spousal affiliation, marital status, a serious medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Please use link to apply –