The Communications Specialist will be a member of the communication team and help to design and implement communication plans that increase the visibility of Girl Scouts–Arizona Cactus-Pine Council, their programs, members, and events.
- Work in collaboration with other teams to provide and implement communication plans for events and programs.
- Write and edit for internal and external publications, including collateral materials, brochures, e-newsletters and the Listening Post.
- Cultivate relationships with media, prepare and distribute news releases.
- Update website with current and relevant postings.
- Coordinate social media presence and measure results.
- Handle requests for troops to perform flag ceremonies and other public activities.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
· Excellent written and oral communications skills, familiar with AP style.
· Excellent ability to set priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-up.
· Knowledge of graphic design programs such as Photoshop.
· Experience with social media and website updating.
· Function well independently and in team environment.
· B. A. in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
· 4+ year’s experience.