A local non-profit is seeking a Communications Manager, who will be charged with the implementation and management of marketing programs, tools and materials and evaluation of marketing materials performance and play a key role in new campaign development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or similar related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in creative copywriting, editing and proofreading with proven track-record of developing targeted communication strategies in multiple platforms, including website, blogs, social media, e-newsletter, collateral and direct mail.
- Energetic, flexible and highly organized
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in communication best practices in terms of usability, technology, marketing, tracking & reporting
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet demanding deadlines, while producing high quality work and projecting a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to work independently and drive results with minimal supervision
- Non-profit experience a plus
The Communications Manager will lead a team to implement a robust stakeholder communications and marketing strategy. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Development, the Communications Manager will collaborate with key leadership to develop and implement integrated strategies to broaden the impact and raise awareness of AHS’ programs and services by providing targeted messaging to stakeholders and driving successful conversions to the primary functions within the organization, including giving, general awareness, retail, events, humane education, clinics, thrift stores and adoptions campaigns.
The Communications Manager will also be responsible for creating all copy and unique engagement concepts to enhance written and visual communication. The Communications Manager will ensure consistency of our organization’s brand and messaging through managing the Marketing Coordinator. They will also manage the Web and Graphic Design Specialist to architect and implement the overall look and feel of outbound communication materials.
To Apply: Qualified candidates may send resume, three writing samples and cover letter with salary history to email@example.com by Oct. 3, 2012. Salary DOE.