Do you enjoy working with social media? Does cutting edge innovative technology interest you?
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures a variety of products and technologies that address tough challenges linked to a variety of global trends and industries. Honeywell Aerospace is a $12 billion+ division that offers thousands of transportation-related products that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics (avionics), wireless connectivity, logistics and more that deliver safe, efficient, productive and comfortable experiences for commercial airplane (Air Transport and Regional), business jet (Business and General Aviation) and government (Defense and Space) customers worldwide. In the air, on the ground and in the water, Honeywell’s Aerospace products can be found on virtually every type of aircraft in use, in nearly every region of the world.
The Social Media Specialist reports into the Aerospace Global Communications Group, a worldwide team that spans public relations, employee communications and marketing communications (advertising, web, events, digital, et al). This external-facing, publishing-centric role will help tell Aerospace’s stories and news via the multitude of existing and emerging unpaid social media-related outlets in a way that influences the right audiences and aligns with set strategies.
We are looking for that unique individual that is an avid user and early adopter of social media-related sites and tools. The successful candidate has a journalism (preferred) or communications-trained background, brings outstanding and creative writing skills to the table and desires to work in one of the most innovative and popular industries in the world. Our employees are literally rocket scientists and hold multiple patents. In short, we are looking for a bright, competitive, selfless and hard working individual who brings a “win and have fun” attitude, commitment to excellence in the workplace and a bias toward action and results.
- Acting like a daily news “reporter” – you will seek, simplify and then tell Honeywell Aerospace stories, facts and news every day externally via approved social media sites such as You Tube, Google+, Blogs, Twitter, and many others that exist or will soon be invented.
- Assist communication leaders with crisis communications as necessary.
- Integrate social media efforts in larger PR, Marcom and employee communications campaigns.
- Research, educate and propose new or emerging types of online media opportunities to team leaders.
- Assist the department with measurement and analytics.
- Build and expand our online audiences and followers as they relate to key customers, partners, employees and media.
- Engage in online conversations via executive involvement or approved individual responses.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communications, marketing or related discipline required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in social media, journalism and/or communications required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. due to government data
- Five years of experience in social media, journalism and/or communications preferred
- Possesses working knowledge and real-world experience in planning, managing, executing social media initiatives
- Proven ability to work in large, highly matrixed corporations is preferred
- Proven track record in writing, editing and publishing content for the social media space – including follow-up commenting/conversations
- Strong writing, verbal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of digital marketing current best practices
- Understanding of the components of social media programs that span owned (i.e., blogs), versus earned (i.e., Facebook) versus paid (i.e., sponsored tweets)
- High energy, creative and resourceful self-starter who demonstrates leadership skills and instincts
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work with a team, take direction and move forward
At Honeywell, our top priority is having great people who can live up to the demanding expectations of our customers and markets. To help you live up to those expectations, we emphasize continuous learning and development, giving you the chance to develop your career further in public relations, or other marketing communications disciplines all found in the Global Communications Group, including advertising, events, employee communications, web, digital media, et al.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Primary Location: USA-AZ-Phoenix
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation Available: No
Two positions are available.
To apply online: