The Content Specialist, Digital Marketing will act as an account manager to bring together business stakeholders, content producers and other internal partners to manage content projects from project intake stage to publishing on Choice Hotels digital channels. The Content Specialist will also be responsible for analyzing content performance, reporting out, making recommendations, and in some cases, developing content on choicehotels.com. This position requires a digital-savvy, motivated self-starter who can also drive the implementation of the content team’s distribution strategy for editorial content.
Reports to Content Strategy Manager. Individual Contributor.
III. PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Project Management: Receive and review project intake briefs and determine appropriate requirements and level of involvement from various teams; organize and lead project kick-off meetings and manage the QA and approval processes and communication for all involved parties; use the team’s project management tool (Trello) to ensure all projects are tracking to meet assigned deadlines and ensure stakeholders and content team members are following processes for content development.
Content Distribution: Drive the implementation of the content distribution strategy by creating content assets for franchisees who can promote content across third-party channels (independent websites or social media channels), secure backlinking opportunities to enhance content’s organic search performance, working with internal teams and third parties to develop paid content distribution opportunities (through social media and vendors like Taboola and Outbrain). Partner with groups across the organization to provide content recommendations for activation in internal marketing channels (such as opportunities for email marketing) and advise on new opportunities to promote and distribute content either on existing channels or channels that are not yet being leveraged. Explore opportunities for user-generated content, and stay current on industry trends and current digital marketing landscape including content marketing, social media, organic search, paid distribution and online video.
Analytics: Build out and manage content performance dashboards for a variety of content assets including editorial content, property pages, landing pages and promo offerings. Use data and user research to make recommendations to optimize content pages and better merchandise hotel offerings.
Content Development: Using the content management system, build new or update existing content; this includes updates to landing pages, such as the homepage, brand pages, Choice Privileges pages, booking path content, any informational content and updates to legalese and privacy policies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Applicable Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university, or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Focus in Marketing or Digital Marketing is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in digital marketing, or content development is preferred. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills; experience in Omniture is preferred.
- Savvy in digital marketing.
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demeanor.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficient with the following technologies:
- HTML Content Management Systems (CMS), Oracle WCS, preferred but not required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment, both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work in order to meet deadlines and maintain service levels.
- Ability to uphold Choice’s Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect.